Complete full-text content of local, regional, and national newspapers. Covers community events, education, sports, politics, government policies, cultural activities, local companies, state industries, and people in the community.
Super researcher tips.
The electronic databases that CCW subscribes to are fantastic and efficient timesaving resources for you to use! If you need photographs or cartoons from the newspapers to illustrate your argument or issue come to the library hub to access the physical copies of the AGE, HERALD SUN & AUSTRALIAN.
The lady who does the work is a VCE English teacher, and she trawls the daily newspapers looking for what might be the current issues that a VCE English student would want to explore for their oral presentation or language analysis task. When she’s identified an issue, she puts together an outline that includes background information, arguments for, arguments against and further implications. She also provides pages of web links and documents and links to the newspaper articles she has used to provide her outlines of whatever the issue in question is. It’s incredibly helpful, particularly for students who just can’t figure out how you would go about analysing an issue. It gives you an entry point and the confidence you need to explore the source material to form conclusions for yourself.
How to 'search' more efficiently - some HOT tips!
● Think about words that you’re trying to find
● Choose words or sentences that you think will appear on the page
● Put yourself in the mindset of the author of those words
● Choose words that you'd like to see in your result
● Every word matters in your query
● Even the word order can make a difference
● Use CMD F or CTL F to find a word of a page.
● Knowing how to find a word on a page speeds up search
● Knowing how to find a word puts you in the top 10%
● You can figure out if the word exists on the web page
● Remove words that you don't want with minus (-)